Use this forum to post questions if you're looking for some specific module or if you need help with modules not listed below.
Photo

Product Price Many Currencies Module Question

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 vic09x

vic09x

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 01 October 2021 - 01:39 PM

Hi all, first of all if my new topic is out of place sorry, i could not find a topic specific for this module. Second, sorry for my english.

In my country we use Both USD and local currency depending on the product, if you buy a car or some home appliance we use USD but for other cheaper items we use our currency so people are used to have a refference price for the item on USD for some items, on "Pesos" for others. Since this is very specific and i doubt i will find it on a module, i thought of using this module to show both prices at the same time, my shop already updates currency but here is my problem. I need to be able to have one product with the USD price originally and another with Pesos as original currency...

Does this module or any other that you know of allow this??? I'm fine with showing both prices on the web site, some prices will be "USD converted to pesos", others will be "pesos converted to USD". I know i could just conver the prices myself and load them all in one currency but that messes up the price for some products depending on my choice of original currency selected...

Hope you understand.

Attached is an example of what i would love to have but i dont mind having both prices anyway. Attached File  Screenshot 2021-10-01 at 10-41-43 BigSale uy.png   188.04KB   0 downloads

#2 Milosz

Milosz

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 117 posts

Posted 02 October 2021 - 07:43 AM

Hello,

unfortunately, module to display prices in many currencies will not work as you wish.

moreover - prestashop is totally not ready to support two different currencies at the same time.

i mean, just imagine that someone adds some home appliance to the cart (in usd) then also some chaper items (in pesos).

cart will contain products with various currencies that is just impossible in prestashop architecture - to cart/order can be assigned only one id_currency field.

there are probably some possibilities to change the core totally, but it will be really major task. To be honest - this kind of change will cause many compability errors - for example with payment modules (paypal can't handle payment in two currencies at the same time, the same other payment gateways). To make this feature work it will be required to change almost everything. Too much work and things to worry about, that will not work.

• vic09x likes this

#3 vic09x

vic09x

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 03 October 2021 - 05:54 PM

Dear Milosz, thankls for your reply, to make it clearer, It's just a display thing, i could use only one currency for cart and payment (usually pesos). But display both in Pesos and USD. Web sites here usually modify a little the backend and use the "cost field" as a USD price to show on the front end but calculate cost price diviving that fake cost into the exchange rate. But i don't know how to do that, i could pay a modder to do so, maybe it's doable with easy by someone like you but i cant do it...

To make it clear, the second currency (USD) it's just for show same as the multi currency modules i've seen, allows buyers to see either or both price on the web site, but on the back Prestashop it's only using Pesos as currency, converted by the automatic exchange module. the payment method always uses Pesos or if possible we could use "MercadoPago" for pesos (Mercadolibre it's kind of amazon for the third world in south america, mercadopago is the payment platform used here) and paypal for USD payments (with conversion from the original cart price in pesos and the same exchange rate the site uses).

I really think it's something easily doable, i've done it on joomla in the past but i've been out of the picture for quite some years and i don't feel like learning so many things i've forgoten and many new things that changed with time.

#4 vic09x

vic09x

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 03 October 2021 - 06:01 PM

If you're interested i could explain better maybe because i really think someone with knoldege could do in less than 2hs. If not i will not waste your time by making you read a long explanation about how i think it's easlily doable... I know how to do it on paper, just don't know the programming language and coding...

#5 skotch_xppr

skotch_xppr

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 02 August 2023 - 07:42 PM

Все виды адаптивных скотчей и пленок
скотч цена прозрачный 48 мм скотч 48 66 прозрачный цена.

#6 Idali_wisr

Idali_wisr

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 06 August 2023 - 04:22 PM

Заказывай мешки для мусора в любом количестве
мешки для мусора цена мешки для мусора.

#7 Makshoica

Makshoica

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 29 December 2023 - 09:33 AM

Hello! We are glad to tell you good news!
We invite you to a private cryptocurrency exchange www.cexasia.pro
Unique conditions await you for successful trading with us
For the first registration on our exchange, we provide you with a unique promotional code "pbasia24" from 100USDT and 30% first deposit!
Welcome and happy bidding! "Best asia bitchange"

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users