Public support for most advanced custom contents module for PrestaShop. With our html box module you can add your contents to all available positions in prestashop, even non-default hooks. Our addon has many appearance conditions and support of smarty templates language. Its definitely one from the most powerful custom contents addon for prestashop
Photo

Slider on category page with this plugin ?

slider

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 andrey

andrey

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 25 August 2022 - 10:24 AM

can i buy this module, and use this for get raw slider for raw category pages. i need slider for category page, with short codes, this real. example- slide1 for cat 1, slider2 for cat2, and again. thanks

#2 Milosz

Milosz

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 117 posts

Posted 25 August 2022 - 10:25 AM

Hello
The contents you will use in the module depends on you (module by default does not create any kind of content).
If you've got a code of some slider - you can use and save this code in the module and display it in one from selected default or non-default hooks.
"hook" is a position in template, where prestashop allows to display modules.

category page by default has several hooks that can be used to display this kind of contents, for example:
  • displayTop
  • displayContentWrapperTop
  • displayContentWrapperBottom
  • + other hooks depending on used theme layout

The key question is where exactly on category page you expect to display the slider.

You also mentioned shortcodes,
by default this module does not create shortcode to display custom contents,
but it can work together with "shortcodes" module that has this feature (it has shortcode to display custom contents from "html box pro" module)

#3 andrey

andrey

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 25 August 2022 - 10:26 AM

Hello
The contents you will use in the module depends on you (module by default does not create any kind of content).
If you've got a code of some slider - you can use and save this code in the module and display it in one from selected default or non-default hooks.
"hook" is a position in template, where prestashop allows to display modules.

category page by default has several hooks that can be used to display this kind of contents, for example:
  • displayTop
  • displayContentWrapperTop
  • displayContentWrapperBottom
  • + other hooks depending on used theme layout

The key question is where exactly on category page you expect to display the slider.

You also mentioned shortcodes,
by default this module does not create shortcode to display custom contents,
but it can work together with "shortcodes" module that has this feature (it has shortcode to display custom contents from "html box pro" module)

hi.
i need variant with separate slider for separate categories.

example — i need make slider 1 for category 1
slider 2 for category 2
slider 3 for category 3
and more, more

position for this sliders— up product-list,
best — short codes. for put this — in description field for Category.

Andrey.

#4 Milosz

Milosz

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 117 posts

Posted 25 August 2022 - 10:26 AM

hi.
i need variant with separate slider for separate categories.

example — i need make slider 1 for category 1
slider 2 for category 2
slider 3 for category 3
and more, more

position for this sliders— up product-list,
best — short codes. for put this — in description field for Category.

Andrey.

There are at least 3 possible ways to achieve what you expect.
Below i will describe each of the possibility with usage of modules I developed.

1. paste a code of your raw slider directly to to the category description
    I know that this is not a "shortcode" type of your expectaction and may be problematic in context of management (copy-paste code for each category, then edit each category if you will want to change something) but with this method you can achieve what you expect (to display slider on specific category page).
    The only one thing that may be required is a something that will extend "rich text editor" in prestashop because the default one does not allow to save javascripts etc. (it allows but only partially, and for sure - code will not be saved properly). The feature to extend editor can be, for example, this one: https://mypresta.eu/...ext-editor.html
  2. html box pro and custom hook
    If I were you i will use this method. I will create custom hook in the module, for example with name "displayAfterCategoryDescription" and then - add shortcode to run this hook to .tpl file that is responsible for category page view (/themes/your-theme/templates/catalog/_partials/category-header.tpl). THen in the html box pro module create custom contents for this hook. You will be able to create unlimited number of "html boxes" with different settings (so you will be able to create slider for categories - module gives possibiliry to show custom contents for specific category pages)
  3. html box pro + shortcodes module
    This method can be useful if you expect to display slider somewhere inside description field (between text in category description).
    In html box pro module you can create your slider,
    then with shortcodes plugin: https://mypresta.eu/...shortcodes.html  you can use [htmlboxpro:X] shortcode directly in the description of category, where the X is the ID of html box you created in the module

the devil is in the details,
if you just expect to show slider AFTER description second method will work and you will not have to use any additional feature. Seems like this is what you expect.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users