This is public support for module to check VAT in VIES and set 0% tax for business. With our module you can automate the process of VAT number verification in VIES european union service. If VAT number will be properly validated - customer can get 0% VAT tax rate if he will purchase as company from country in european union other than country of your business registration.
Photo

validation of VAT for b2b purposes in prestashop

b2b vat oss

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 dogo

dogo

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 25 September 2021 - 01:53 AM

Hello Milosz I saw this module in your store Prestashop Validate VAT in VIES and set 0% VAT, and I want to know if he solves my problem. For example if I have a client from spain isent of VAT (group client rules) but when he do a order and put the delivery adress for Portugal, your module make him pay the Portugal VAT? Because my problem is when I do a client group isent of VAT all the clients inside that group are isent, but in Portugal all people pay the VAT. Thanks for your help

#2 Milosz

Milosz

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 117 posts

Hello,
The module handles intra-community b2b transactions where it is required to set tax to 0% (if buyer and seller are in different european union countries).
The 0% tax is applicable only if buyer has valid VAT number for intra-community transactions. Our module is not dedicated for b2c transactions and it looks like you are looking for such solution.

if you are looking for solution to manage various VAT tax for product(s) depending on customer's origin (delivery/invoice address) you can check this guide: https://mypresta.eu/...prestashop.html 

#3 dogo

dogo

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Hello again Milos,

Yes but we have b2b and b2c. The question here is if the client for example have a validated spain VAT of 0% (so its professional), but when he puts the delivery for Portugal that have a VAT 23% (here in portugal even the professionals pay the VAT), its possible to make him pay the Portugal VAT?

#4 Milosz

Milosz

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 117 posts

Hello,
You - as a seller from portugal, when some business purchases a product from your shop with invoice/delivery address to Portugal you need to apply standard portuguese tax value to transaction. That's clear.
When you configure our module you can point portugal as excluded country from reverse charge rule (because its your country and you need to apply standard tax rate). 

hypothetically, when customer will use module and validate with success its spanish vat number but if this customer during checkout will use different VAT number (different number, different country) the standard vat tax rate will be applied. 

standard tax rate will be used if:
- customer will be from excluded country (you can point portugal as excluded country)
- customer's VAT number will no be valid for b2b european union instra-community transaction purposes

#5 dogo

dogo

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 25 September 2021 - 01:54 AM

Seems that what we are looking for. But how that works in logged users?
Please note that if customer will be logged - the only one VAT number that will be validated and used by module is a number that customer provide in their order details as a billing address. 
We need this for the shipping address. Its like if the client is spanish and have the VAT at 0% since its a business. But if he do a order and in the shipping address use portugal, he must pay the portugal VAT tax.
What triggers the tax will be the shipping address.

#6 Milosz

Milosz

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 117 posts

Posted 25 September 2021 - 01:54 AM

For logged user module uses a VAT number from address_invoice OR a VAT number from address_delivery.
You can decide about it on module configuration page:  https://i.imgur.com/rDp97gb.png (i updated description of the module)

best regards
milos

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: b2b, vat, oss

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users